الثانوية التأهيلية البارودي
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

BAC expressing concession +purpose exercises

اذهب الى الأسفل

BAC expressing concession +purpose exercises Empty BAC expressing concession +purpose exercises

مُساهمة  rafai الخميس 22 أبريل 2010 - 18:56

Expressing concession and purpose EXERCISES

although = even though= in spite of the fact that= despite the fact that

despite+ noun or ing - ***********in spite of + noun or ing

Complete the sentences below with although - despite - in spite of.

1. ___________ the weather was bad, we enjoyed our trip.

2. The children slept well____________ the noise.

3. ________________ earning a low salary,Linda gave money to her parents.

4. John rarely sees Paul ___________they live in the same town.

5. Julie failed the exam____________ of working very hard.

6. ____________ it was cold, she didn't put on her coat.

7. Tom went to work ___________ not feeling very well.

8. Anna never learned the language___________ she lived there for two years.

9. ____________ of the difficulty, they managed to climb to the top of the mountain.

10. I couldn't eat _____________ I was very hungry.

·
Answers

1. Although 2.despite 3. despite 4. although 5. in spite 6.although 7. despite 8.although 9.In spite 10. although

He’s staying on in Australia for nine more months so that he can perfect his English.
He’s staying on in Australia for nine more months in order to perfect his English.

I set the alarm for seven o’clock.I did not want to oversleep.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………….________________________________________
2. I walked very slowly across the room with the drinks .I didn’t want to spill them.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………..........................................
3. I followed her around all day .Iwanted know whether she had any intention of meeting him.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………….....................................
4. I talked to them both for half an hour . I wanted to have a thorough understanding of the problem.
................................................................................................................................
5. I gave him a cheque in advance . I wanted to ease his financial problems
............................................................................................................................

ANSWERS :

set the alarm for seven o’clock in order not to oversleep.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………….________________________________________
2. I walked very slowly across
the room with the drinks in order not to spill them.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………..........................................
3. I followed her around all day in order to know
whether she had any intention of meeting him.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………….....................................
4. I talked to them both for half an hour in order to have a thorough understanding of the problem.
................................................................................................................................
5. I gave him a cheque in advance in order to ease his financial problems
............................................................................................................................

PresentSimple /
Present continuous+ so that/ in order that +subject will + verb / + can + verb

Present perfect

Past simple + so that / in order that + subject + would/ could
+verb

Example :Jamie had an afternoon nap so that he wouldn’t fall asleep at the concert later.
Jamie had an afternoon nap in order not to fall asleep at the concert later.

Example :
. in order that: I am saving money so that / in order that I can buy a bicycle.

1. Bill takes the keys to the office every day. He doesn’t want his brother to drive the car.

.......................................................................................................................................
2. Mrs Robinson usually closes the drinks cupboard . She doesn’t want her husband to drink during the day.
.......................................................................................................................................
3. Peter sold the TV set . He didn’t want his children to watch television all day long.
4. Mr Miller changed the combination . He didn’t want his son to take money from the safe.
5. Ann has just removed the ribbon . She doesn’t want her sister to type on her typewriter.
6. Robert has taken a wheel off . He wants no one to ride his bicycle.
7. My father has disconnected the phone. He wants none of us to ring his friends late at night.
8. Nancy and Steve have closed their bank accounts . They want no one draw cheques.
9. Professor Andrew finished his lecture 5 minutes early. He wanted his students to come and ask him questions.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
10. The young man gave us the wrong address . He wanted us to go to the wrong place.

11. Karl posted all his cards in Rome . He wanted his wife to assume he spent his whole holiday there

12. Sheilla is wearing dark glasses . She wants no one to recognize her..

13. The two ladies were speaking German . They wanted neither of us to understand them.

14. James left his clothes on the beach. He wanted everyone to think he was drowned.

Answers

1. Bill takes the keys to the office every day so that his brother can't drive the car.
2. Mrs Robinson usually closes the drinks cupboard so that her husband can't drink during the day.
3. Peter sold the TV set so that his children couln't watch television all day long.
4. Mr Miller changed the combination in order that his son couldn't t take money from the safe.
5. Ann has just removed the ribbon so that / in order that her sister can't type type on her typewriter.
6. Robert has taken a wheel off so that no one can ride his bicycle.
7. My father has disconnected the phone so that none of us can ring his friends late at night.
8. Nancy and Steve have closed their bank accounts so that no one can draw cheques.
9. Professor Andrew finished his lecture 5 minutes early so that his students could come and ask him questions.
10. The young man gave us the wrong address in order that we would go to the wrong place.
11. Karl posted all his cards in Rome so that his wife would assume he spent his whole holiday there
12. Sheilla is wearing dark glasses in order that no one can recognize her..
13. The two ladies were speaking German so that neither of us could understand them.
14. James left his clothes on the beach so that everyone would think he was drowned.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

عدل سابقا من قبل rafai في الخميس 3 يونيو 2010 - 15:18 عدل 2 مرات
rafai
rafai

المساهمات : 114
تاريخ التسجيل : 05/11/2009

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

BAC expressing concession +purpose exercises Empty رد: BAC expressing concession +purpose exercises

مُساهمة  rafai الأحد 25 أبريل 2010 - 8:38

rafai كتب:]Expressing concession and purpose EXERCISES

although = even though= in spite of the fact that= despite the fact that

despite+ noun or ing - ***********in spite of + noun or ing

Complete the sentences below with although - despite - in spite of.

1. ___________ the weather was bad, we enjoyed our trip.

2. The children slept well____________ the noise.

3. ________________ earning a low salary,Linda gave money to her parents.

4. John rarely sees Paul ___________they live in the same town.

5. Julie failed the exam____________ of working very hard.

6. ____________ it was cold, she didn't put on her coat.

7. Tom went to work ___________ not feeling very well.

8. Anna never learned the language___________ she lived there for two years.

9. ____________ of the difficulty, they managed to climb to the top of the mountain.

10. I couldn't eat _____________ I was very hungry.

BAC expressing concession +purpose exercises Clip_image002
He’s staying on in Australia for nine more months so that he can perfect his English.
He’s staying on in Australia for nine more months in order to perfect his English.
I set the alarm for seven o’clock.I did not want to oversleep.

2. I walked very slowly across the room with the drinks .I didn’t want to spill them.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………..

3. I followed her around all day .Iwanted know whether she had any intention of meeting him.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

4. I
talked to them both for half an hour . I wanted to have a thorough understanding of the problem.

…________________________________________________________________________________

5. I gave him a cheque in advance . I wanted to ease his financial problems

_________________________________________________________________________________

BAC expressing concession +purpose exercises Clip_image003

PresentSimple
Present continuous + so that/ in order that +subject will + verb / + can + verb
Present perfect

Past simple + so that / in order that + subject + would/ could +verb

Example :Jamie had an afternoon nap so that he wouldn’t fall asleep at the concert later.

· Jamie had an afternoon nap in order not to fall asleep at the
concert later.

Example :
. in order that: I am saving money so that / in order that I can buy a bicycle.

10. Bill takes the keys to the office every day. He
doesn’t want his brother to drive the car.

11. Mrs Robinson usually closes the drinks cupboard . She doesn’t want her husband to drink during the day.

12. Peter sold the TV set . He didn’t want his children to watch television all day long.

13. Mr Miller changed the combination . He didn’t want his son to take money from the safe.

14. Ann has just removed the ribbon . She doesn’t want her sister to type on her typewriter.

15. Robert has taken a wheel off . He wants no one to ride his bicycle.

16. My father has disconnected the phone. He wants none of us to ring his friends late at night.

17. Nancy and Steve have closed their bank accounts . They want no one draw cheques.

18. Professor Andrew finished his lecture 5 minutes early. He wanted his students to
come and ask him questions.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

19. The young man gave us the wrong address . He wanted us to go to the wrong place.

20. Karl posted all his cards in Rome . He wanted his wife to assume he spent his whole holiday ther

21. Sheilla is wearing dark glasses . She wants no one to recognize her..

22. The two ladies were speaking German . They wanted neither of us to understand them.

23. James left his clothes on the beach. He wanted everyone to think he was drowned.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
rafai
rafai

المساهمات : 114
تاريخ التسجيل : 05/11/2009

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:
لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى